- naturally tarnishes through exposure to the elements especially perfume and perfurmation. Regular polishing with a silver cloth should keep your jewels sparkling.
- Lorna avoid using silver dip as it can be especially corosive especially on natural beads such as freshwater pearls.
- Matt finish - Lorna uses a 'scotch brite' material to achieve the matt finish. A small piece is included in the packaging box where required.
- This is where sterling silver is plated with a 3-micron layer of 24ct gold.
- Gold vermeil is a surface finish and subject to wear so may show signs of fading over time
- Small sheets of pre-anodised aluminium are dyed freehand - this satisfies Lorna's design to paint!. When the ink is dry, the aluminium is immersed in boiling water to seal the colour permanently into the surface.
If you would like your jewels cleaned please contact Lorna for further details.